Flash Fiction set behind the Veil
On the Wrong Side of the Veil, things are different.
They have the phones, the guns, the takeout containers, and the gas chugging trucks. There is something wrong when you try to have a coffee at some diner you’ve never seen before. A trio of long eared and crooked nosed Goblins are slurping cartons of ramen garnished with fried crickets. The gunslinger that stepped in has a Glock-45 on one hip and a scimitar on the other. The girl at the counter is dancing a flame between her fingers as her eyes glow bright green.
You’re on the Wrong Side now.
And things are different.
The world you knew is gone. The Right Side is gone. Now everything is wrong.
These are the Veiled Sagas
- Remembrance – an immortal is confronted by modernity
- Plague – A mother condemns a daughter’s choices
- Hackers – A trio of Hackers make a huge mistake
- Exposure – A man is brought behind the Veil
- Fume – A mercenary buys his favourite pass time
- Noodles – An Elderly cook and an immortal share a meal
- Redecorate – A mercenary comes home to a monthy problem
- Confession – A priest hears a horrifying confession
- Firelight – Militiamen contemplate before a battle
- MoonNight – A family of lycanthropes prepare for a hunt
- They’re Coming – Long ago, immortals prepare for the Apocalypse
- Resort – A vampire hunts for tonight’s prey
- Expanse – Brothers on the front line of a world war
- Sincerity – A warlord leaves his Valkyrie a rose
- HolmGang – When justice fails, a duel is the only answer
- WitchTrail – Wizards and Mages gather for a trial of one of their own
- Slaying – Slayers police for aggressive vampires
- Fire Escape – Living in a new place is hard
- Outing – A Mercenary attends a play with her boyfriend
- Battlefield – A moment in a clash of kingdoms
- Merchants – Three ships appear on the horizon
- Unicorn – A giant hunts a unicorn on the Siberian steppe
- Pathetic – A battle raged in a forgotten alley
- Jotunn Daughter – Daily life in a distant Jotunn settlement is interrupted
- Herdsmen – A father and son discuss the future
- Banjo – An old man enjoys the hot summer day
- ShortFaced Bear – A young Jotunn on the trail of a killer
Daniel Chan Reports
A young journalist has now made his home in the Underground. Here are his stories writing in a realm of shadows and neon.
Written in First-Person Point-of-view. Longer than one Page
- Whole Hog – Daniel interviews a barbeque pit-master
- Chocolate Milk – Daniel comes home after a very hard interview
- Celebrity – Daniel waits for an important local artist
- Tailors – Daniel interviews a clothing tycoon who outfits goblins
- The Underground – Daniel’s first time exploring his new home in the Underground